NEW - WALKS LIBRARY
Hello all Rushcliffe Ramblers
Those of you who were at last Novembers’ AGM, will recall our proposal to create a ‘Walks Library’, which would encourage potential new walk leaders to start on tried and tested routes with confidence. We hope to have this ready for May 2018.
We need your help!
Time to search through your files/ folders and piles to find walks that you have led/done in the past that can be donated to the Library.
What we are looking for: -
- Walks that have been previously led/walked by yourself
- Walks around 7 to 9 miles in length
Please try to give the following information: -
- A map of the route (digital or paper)
- Distance and approximate time taken
- Meeting place and parking information (plus postcode and grid reference)
- Any steep ascents and stiles?
- Type of terrain on route e.g. field edges/ tracks/ stony and uneven paths
- Any other route description that you have e.g. points of interest
IMPORTANT—We are not seeking walks that have been downloaded, taken from magazines and other sources that you have not tried and tested!
Where to send this information- any of the following, please: -
Post to Rachel Tindsley,
22, Highfield Rd, Keyworth. Nottingham, NG12 5JE
In person to Rachel Tindsley or Charlie King