The following is a list of items that you should consider bringing on walks. Please note that we walk throughout the year and some of these items are seasonal. Bear in mind, however, that even on a summer's day, weather conditions, on high ground particularly, can deteriorate very quickly with little or no warning.
- Comfortable waterproof boots or stout shoes (boots should be large enough to hold two pairs of woolly socks as well as your feet!)
- Small rucksack
- Packed lunch and ample liquid refreshment
- Spare pullover, wooly hat, gloves, spare socks
- Light waterproof mat (to sit on).
- Change of footwear (essential for car rambles, or when a pub lunch is taken at the end of a walk).
- Torch, small first aid kit